ABOUT CPS TRAINING
• CPStraining is part of the ‘CPS’ family. These are specialisations in niche traffic areas such as human factors, non-standard safety barrier design, car parks, and legal liability hotspots, founded by Peter Harris.
• Established as a result of a passion to pass on rich learning and knowledge back into the industry.
• Reflects experience as full-time road safety auditor (since 2004) and Director of Car Park Safety Audits, with previous experience as a traffic engineer at VicRoads.
• Experience is from the largest road projects and contractors throughout Australia, through to medium and small contractors and designers, metro through to rural and every road type and volume / use in-between.
• Certified: CPEng (Chartered Professional Engineer) / NER (National Engineering Register) / RPEQ (Registered Practicing Engineer Queensland) / Senior Safety Auditor all states
• Clients (recipients of technical training sessions from P. Harris): Empower Engineers, John Holland, Fulton Hogan, Thiess (now CPB), BMD Constructions, VicRoads, TMIAV, Slater and Gordon, Glen Eira Council.
• Publications (by P. Harris):
– Safety Barriers in Construction Zones; Principles and Practice (2016)
– Fully Autonomous Fleet V ‘Safe System: Roads’ (2016)
– Dropping the Ball – Signage Chaos (2016)
– Road Safety Audits: 20 Years on in Australia (2015)
– Application of Safe System Approach to Existing Highways in Developing Countries (2015)
– Examination of the Warrants for the ‘Reinforcement Connector’ Component of the Queensland Single Slope Barrier for Low Speed (TL-2) Construction Traffic Management (2014)
• Philosophy: We can all learn from each other. Even from kids!
Option to provide content only:
- Provision of videos and photos from an array of topics for use in in-house training.
- Provision of specialised manuals and guides such as the ‘Safety barrier principles, practice and industry issues’.